8 de junio de 2009

Wild Horses*

I've been holding out so long.
I've been sleeping
all alone.
Lord, I miss you
.
I've been
hanging on the phone
.
I've been sleeping
all alone
.
I want to kiss you
.
Well, I've been
haunted in my sleep
.
You've been starring in my dreams
.
Lord, I miss you
.
I've been
waiting
in the hall.
Been waiting on your call
.
When the phone rings,
it's just some
friends
of mine that say:
"
Hey, what's the matter man?
We're gonna come around at
twelve,
with some Puerto Rican girls
that are just dyin' to meet you.
We're gonna bring a case of wine.
Hey, let's go
mess and fool around.
You know, like we used to
"

Oh, everybody waits so long.
Oh baby,
why you wait so long?
Won't you come on! Come on!
I've been walking in Central Park,
singing after
dark
.
People think I'm crazy
.
I've been stumbling on my feet,
shuffling through the street,
asking
people:
"
What's the matter with you boy?
"
Sometimes I want to say to myself.
Sometimes
I say,
I won't miss you child
.
I guess
I'm lying to myself
,
it's just you and no one else
.
Lord, I won't miss you child.
You've been
blotting out my mind
,
fooling on my time
.
No, I won't miss you, baby, yeah

Lord, I miss you child.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario